Tuesday, April 20, 2010

10 things...

Just a quick one, a few things I have observed in the last few weeks of life:

1. Whoever said that if you have 2 kids then you can have more with no problem was lying. Its HARDER, but awesome :)

2. Breast-feeding is crazy time consuming and hard in the first few weeks, hard in that there is not really a pattern or schedule, it really is "feed on demand" and the demand seems constant.

3. Sticking with breast-feeding exclusively is paying off (finally), we are, in the last couple days, not constantly feeding and getting the hang of it.

4. I have more patience than I thought.

5. Having a baby at 21 and 28 are TOTALLY different experiences. (please refer to #4)

6. I LOVE the gym and cant wait to go back.

7. I am going dairy-free for awhile to see if that helps my little guy, apparently babies cant process the milk-protein in dairy products for about the first 6 months-kind of stinks because I love all things dairy.

8. Addison is such a big girl and not a baby at all like I thought, bittersweet.

9. Ethan has such a tenderness about him with his siblings, especially babies, that I find incredible.

10. I am glad we have 3 kids, I am glad we did it young, I wouldn't change this life for anything.

Mel x

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Breast-feeding is great once you and baby are comfortable. I didn't give myself an option since we couldn't afford expensive formula, and I am so thankful for the special times...and the ease of going places :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss breast feeding. my oldest 2 I had to stop due to me getting pregnant. They didn't like the taste of the new milk (It's saltier when you are pregnant). My baby, I nursed him for a full year. I miss it at times because of the closeness. And yes, going from 1-2 is a lot easier than 2-3. When I brought my baby home, all 3 boys were in diapers. So I nursed, changed diapers, and my middle one couldn't walk so I'd walk up and down stairs with one attached to my breasts while the other sat on my hip and the other hung on my feet.

    ReplyDelete