Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blessings..

So my mom was here visiting this past weekend, and it was way to short but so great to have her here. The kids just love nanny and I enjoy the break :)

Loving their nanny
So Saturday my mom and I go out shopping for a couple hours and when we got home I noticed that the table in front of our house was all decorated cute like for a party. I immediately ask my mom what is going on and she is like "I have no idea", yea right!! So we go in the front door and there are all these people yelling surprise, and I am like "WHAT", it was a surprise birthday party for me!!! (yes my bday was a few weeks ago, but they wanted to throw it when my mom was here). I couldn't believe it, it was so pretty and nice, and more importantly I think I go around thinking that no one really likes me, or wants to be my friend, and yet here were all these people that I know and they were here for me, at my party!! It really made me think that instead of walking around not trusting people, or not believing that someone is just being nice to be because they have to be, that people REALLY do consider me their friend. I know kind of stupid to be so pessimistic but I have trust issues I guess, and I really get down on myself about who I am, and I need to believe more in the fact that I am worthy of friendship. BLAH BLAH ok, moving on.....

In their party hats :)

I don't have any pics because G said he couldn't find our camera, but it really was pretty. My friend, Claudia, who organized and decorated the whole thing did a wonderful job, I can't thank her enough!!
Gordon and Ethan carved out his pumpkin that he got at the school's pumpkin patch. He was so excited to put the candles in it and light them. He doesn't seem to understand why we can't leave the candles on ALL night, so every night is an entire discussion as to why we can't.

drawing the face

proud boy

Ethans favorite part

We had our first and most likely only ultrasound yesterday. We DID NOT find out the sex of the baby, even though it was super hard not too. We think that surprise moment will be amazing. Everything looks great with the baby, all healthy and right on schedule. The main reason I wanted to get the ultrasound was to make sure the placenta was nice and high, and not at all low lying. Great news, its on the top :) So that is just one more blessing, because that will not be an issue at all during the home birth.

Baby #3 at 18weeks
Today at MOPS was so fun, we had a swap meet, so everyone brought at least 5 items in, and then you just got to go through and pick out whatever you wanted, FOR FREE. So that was awesome!! I feel like I am starting to make some good friends there, one of the girls is trying to organize for our table to meet up for a night at a spa for reflexology and pedicures :) FUN.
Ethan and Addison amaze me daily. Ethan really is turning into such an amazing little guy. He is so kind with Addison (when he's not annoying her), and he tells her she is beautiful, and that he likes her new cute dress, or whatever. He tries to show her how to do things. Its so so sweet.
Addison's personality is really really developing, she is stubborn, super super funny. Loves to talk (wish I could understand her), likes to just hang out next to anyone, as long as someone is near her, she is happy.

Addison would not take of Ethans helmet this morning

The new baby is getting really active in the belly. Kicks constantly, even the ultrasound tech said it was a really active baby, hehe just as I was typing that I got a big kick :) I so can't wait to meet him/her. We are ready to just have this person in our family and settle into to being a family of 5!!!
Ok thats about it for now. Not much planned this weekend, just relaxing with my favorite people. Hope you are all doing well.

Mel x

No comments:

Post a Comment