Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Best Day Ever.....

June 6, 2009 will be forever in my memory. It was the day my husband was baptized. We have been married for 7 years, and in the beginning, when I knew we didn't share a faith, I didn't care. I had just been through so much with "church and religion" that I didn't much care for it, or think I needed or wanted it. I thought we were madly in love and that would get us through. I thought that if what I had seen of Christianity was what it was, then I would rather be with someone who had a genuine heart.
Thus started our life together, we had a child, went through some rough times, had another child. All the while I am growing as a person, and my own beliefs kept creeping into my mind. I did my best to push them aside, but I kept feeling this need, this desire to be reconnected to my faith. So we went to church sometimes, Gordon never objected, he said he would go to "support me", but to be honest I found it to hard to do that, knowing he didn't believe at all. So we just didn't go mostly.
When we moved to California, we started going to church again, off and on. Gordon asked a lot of questions, and he started listening to the christian radio station, ya know the one with all the preaching.
In March of this year we started attending our current church regularly. I still had a really hard time because it was really really hard especially at the end when they do the altar call and I would be praying with all my might that he would step down there, but he didn't. Then in April we had a big huge conversation, and he told me that he believed. It was a BIG conversation, I was shocked, happy, shocked, happy :)
Soon after we attended our churches 1o1 class, and afterwards Gordon met with a guy, Phil, and they talked for awhile. Gordon prayed with Phil and the next day after service Gordon was baptized.
God is faithful, and miracles happen. Our lives are forever changed, and our marriage is more than I ever dreamed possible.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! THanks for sharing this piece of your testimony. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete