Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Today was a Lesson


Ethan and Jade running from the waves

Today started good, well Addison is sick so thats not good, but the morning was nice and leisurely. We headed to the beach about 930 with some friends and stayed for about an hour and a half. I love going to the beach and I love taking the kids. I find it amazing still to know that they are getting to experience their childhood here. There is something so refreshing and soul renewing about going to the beach, I don't know if its this great expanse of water, the sound of the waves crashing, the sunshine, its probably a combination but its just fantastic. I hope that someday our kids can appreciate it like I do.

We got home and did lunch, then all three of us went down for a nap :) When I woke up, cause I heard Addison crying, I had a monster headache and so that never helps a day. I started thinking about the afternoon and was feeling pretty sorry for myself because I decided I was going to be bored out of my mind. I couldn't go anywhere, my bike trailer does not get here until friday, and I have not been able to go to the gym all week, because of said trailer and Addison is sick, and so all in all I was kind of grumpy about the impending afternoon.

I decided to fill up the kids pool so there would at least be that to do. Addison went BACK to bed for about half an hour, in the meantime Ethan had got up, spotted the filled pool and was ready to play. I took an Excedrin, and just made a decision to just ENJOY the afternoon, slow and all.

My beautiful boy

She poses now when she sees the camera :)

And you know what, I DID :) I just fell in love with my kids all over again. I took pics of them, and listening to Ethan tell his stories in the language and way that only a 5 yr old can, I forgot how awesome it is to just listen. When Addison got up she obviously wanted in on the action, snotty nose and all. So they played together, it was so wonderful. He was throwing buckets of water on her, she was laughing hysterically about it :) She will have her day when she can get him back, I keep trying to explain this to him, he doesn't seem to get it.

I am always trying to plan things for my days, be busy, run here and there and everywhere. I don't really like just sitting at home. I think today though was a lesson for me. A lesson to just STOP and enjoy. I don't need to be so busy, so busy that the precious moments that happen in the slow nothingness pass me by or I don't notice them.


Ethan making his "water glove"


He was being all pensive talking to me

Kisses for Brother

Enjoy the moment, enjoy the simplicity of my children's youth, enjoy the slow nothingness. Today I did :)


Mel xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment